Forms are PDF documents that print with the Declaration. The code and edition number (e.g., ML-42 1/17) appear on the Declaration. Forms also appear on the Quote Summary and Policy Application deliverables.
Review how forms print and appear on the Declaration prior to uploading them to BriteCore.
- Gather and organize all form files, which should be PDFs
- Ensure the PDFs are of high quality
- Forms print with new business
- Forms do not print with renewals
The combination of form code and edition number must be unique among forms
New Business Exceptions
Forms print with new business except when the
- Suppress Printing checkbox is checked, which prevents a form from printing
- Document Printing Depends on Selected Category checkbox is checked, which prints the form only when certain categories are chosen
- Print only when this item's premium is drop down is selected, the form may not print based upon the configuration of the setting.
Forms do not print with renewals except when
- An existing Form Code, Edition Number, or Description is changed
- A new form is added to the line of business
- The Always Print on Renewal checkbox is checked, which prints the form every renewal
If Document Printing Depends on Selected Category or Print only when this item's premium is is checked, the form will not print on a renewal unless the Always Print on Renewal is also checked
Order in which Forms Print
Forms print with the primary insured's Declaration:
- Forms will print in the order their associated line item appears in the Lines module (
policy_type_items.sortOrderfor a given
policy_type_items.policyTypeId). If more than one form is attached to a line item, the forms will print in the order they were added to the line item
- Then, forms associated with the policy type will print in the order they appear in the Lines module
The example pictured below is a policy type in the Lines module with 6 different forms. Assuming both coverages are on the policy, the order in which the forms print will be 5, 3, 4, 6, 1, and then 2:
- Form 5 is first as it is associated with the first listed line item and was uploaded to the line item prior to form 3
- Form 3 is second as it is associated with the first listed line item and was uploaded after form 5
- Form 4 is third as it is associated with the second listed line item
- Forms 6, 1 and 2 are next as that is the order they are listed
With a database setting, forms will still print with the primary insured's Declaration but will do so in alphabetical order. Engineers with access may read PR 4629 for more information. To enable, run
#UPDATE settings SET value=1 WHERE option='sort-forms-for-printing'
Location on Deliverables
Forms can appear on the Declaration, Quote Summary, or Policy Application in one of two places.
The default location is at the bottom of the first page with only the Form Code and Edition Number.
When enabled, Settings > Deliverables > Options > Show Form Descriptions on Declarations, Quote Summaries, and Policy Applications, will show the Form Code, Edition Number, and Description on a separate page.
Order on Deliverables
By default, the Lines module setup governs the order in which forms will appear on the deliverables.
Documents uploaded to the Policy Type section appear first. The remaining order are the following types of line itmes:
Within a Type
Within each type subset, the order of forms is the order in which the line items are built.
If line items are built in the below order,
- Coverage Z
- Coverage K
- Coverage H
then that is the order the line item forms will appear on the deliverables. If, however, the order of the line items are changed to
- Coverage H
- Coverage K
- Coverage Z
then that will be the order the line items appear.
Via a database setting, forms can appear in alphabetical order. For those with database access, run
#UPDATE settings SET value=1 WHERE option='sort-forms-in-dec'
Forms are accessible in the Lines module only. Though forms print with a policy Declaration, they are not accessible on the individual policy.
For easy access to forms, as well as a history of form use,
- Navigate to Lines > Attachments
- Create a new folder with a title, such as Forms 1/1/17
- Create subfolders for each line of business
- Upload the forms
Lines of Business
Keeping in mind the order forms print and appear on deliverables, forms can be uploaded to a policy type or an individual line item:
- Upload a form to the entire policy type if it should appear with every policy (e.g., Privacy Statement)
- Upload a form to an individual line item if it should print only if the line item appears on the policy (e.g., Computer Coverage)
- Add a Form Code, Edition Number, and Description (e.g., ML-223 6.0 Lead Liability Exclusion) to each uploaded form
- Select the applicable print settings for the form (e.g., always print on renewal)
Force Print a Form on an Individual Policy
You can force print a form on an individual policy so long as the corresponding Declaration has not been printed.
- Enable the include-forms-as-attachments setting
- Locate the applicable Declaration that has yet to print
- Access the folder for that Declaration that contains the corresponding forms
- Highlight the form row
- Click Print State
- Set the form’s print state to to be determined
Print a Form on an Optional Endorsement
When the line item is added to the policy, its attached form will display on the Declaration and print:
- Navigate to the Lines module
- Create the line item
- Upload the form to that line item
- Enter the Form Code, Edition Number, and Description
Specify With Which Copy of the Declaration Forms Print (IWS Only)
- Identify which copies of the Declaration are generated via Settings > Deliverables. For example, you may have the Insured and Additional Interest checked. Note that the if the mortgagee and agent copies are selected, they may not print if you are using InsVista and emailing agent copies, respectively
- Determine with which copies you want forms to print. For example, you may want forms to print with the Insured copy but not the Additional Interest copy
- Submit a ticket to IWS
Select * x_report_locations WHERE reportId = ( SELECT id FROM report_types WHERE reportType = 'Declaration' );
- For each state update the following columns to either
Once enabled, the change will only apply to newly created Declarations. Already created Declarations will still print forms according to the previous settings.
When would I use the Document Printing Depends on Selected Category Values when printing a form?
A primary case for this setting is when you have a category where the user is asked to select the form (e.g., HO 2, HO 3, etc.). Based upon which form option is selected from the category, the respective form should print.
Can an already-existing PDF be replaced with a new PDF?
- Not from the screen. As such, either
- Delete the old form and add the new one. However, when a new form is uploaded, BriteCore's default behavior is to print the form with all new and renewal policies, or
- Submit an OOPS! ticket to IWS with the new form attached and to which policy type or line item it should be attached
Are forms tied to effective dates?
- On the screen, yes
- In the database, not directly. Forms are attached to the policy type (
x_policy_types_docs) or line item (
x_policy_type_items_docs). Both tables follow the flow
files > policy_type_items (line items only) > policy_types > effective_dates
- When analyzing forms, the below queries serve as a starting point. The
WHEREclause will need to be updated prior to running the queries
Policy type level
SELECT xpt.formCode, editionNumber, xpt.description,
pt.name AS Policy Type
FROM x_policy_types_docs AS xpt
JOIN files ON files.id = xpt.fileId
JOIN policy_types AS pt ON pt.id = files.referenceId
JOIN effective_dates ON effective_dates.id = pt.effectiveId
WHERE effectiveDate = '2015-02-24'
ORDER BY formCode
Line item level
SELECT xpt.formCode, editionNumber, xpt.description, pti.type, pti.name AS Line Item Name, pti.description,
pti.displayOnDecAs, policy_types.name AS Policy Type
FROM x_policy_type_items_docs AS xpt
JOIN files ON files.id = xpt.fileId
JOIN policy_type_items AS pti ON pti.id = files.referenceId
JOIN policy_types ON policy_types.id = pti.policyTypeId
JOIN effective_dates ON effective_dates.id =
WHERE effectiveDate = '2015-02-12'
ORDER BY formCode;
Report unclear or missing documentation.