BB&T is a bank that offers onsite scanning and verification of personal checks. They accomplish this by sending check scanning hardware to your office and verifying the internet connection between them.
This integration allows for the upload of a receivables file generated by the check scanning hardware to BriteCore's Daily Cash Receipt page. As long as you create a receivable file according to the current specifications, you can use the check-scanning and bank of your preference.
Brenda J. Hudnall
- Use any software or bank to generate a file according to these specifications
- A flat TXT file
- Line 0, the first line, is discarded but it contains the date, number of checks and total amount
- The first 15 digits equate to the BriteCore policy number, with 0's prepended to form a 15 digit number. If the policy number has dashes, like 10-2012-15, the dashes are removed
- The next 25 digits are the amount of the payment with 0's prepended
- The final 15 digits are the check numbers
- File example
220520130000000200000000000000000000081.62 00000A0000001540000000000000000000009.99000000001244737 00000A0000001850000000000000000000010.85000000001243998 00000A0000002060000000000000000000010.85000000001246746 00000A0000002170000000000000000000015.26000000001245601 00000A0000002180000000000000000000008.81000000001244026 00000A0000002300000000000000000000013.94000000001243962 00000A0000002550000000000000000000011.92000000001243774
- In BriteCore, navigate to Settings > Vendors > BB&T
- Check the box
- An Upload Receivables File button will appear in Policies > Payments > Daily Cash Receipt where you enter check, money order, and cash receivables
- Billing statements will have an OCR scan line on the bottom of page 1. If you use a check-scanning device, run the coupon and check through the device
- Navigate to Policies > Payments > Daily Cash Receipt
- Click the Upload Receivables File
- Upload the file once
- When complete, click on any payments where the status is Unresolved
- Distribute the funds as needed
What if the insured forgets to send in the billing coupon?
- Add the payment manually to Policies > Payments > Daily Cash Receipt, or
- Scan the check only and update the policy information in the bank software prior to generating the receivable file
What if I upload the same file more than once?
BriteCore will add all of the payments a second time. At the bottom of the Policies > Payments > Daily Cash Receipt page, delete the duplicate entries BEFORE clicking the Print Deposit Receipt button.
What if I accidentally applied duplicate payments?
- Navigate to Policies > Payments > Payment Log
- Delete the duplicate payments
Report unclear or missing documentation.